April 16, 2014

Design Inspiration: Living Room

Design Inspiration: Living Room
Design Inspiration: Living Room
The designated "living room" in our apartment is not a very big space. We have a couch, two chairs, a coffee table, TV, and a vintage console that I painted white (it holds Nate's video games and our DVD player, etc). My plans for this part of the room include painting the coffee table, getting a new rug, and giving the TV wall a major makeover. We have a ton of books and a bunch of art, so I definitely want to try to find a creative way to display both. I have some plans for our record shelving unit as well, and I would like to try to move our record player closer to the records.
Design Inspiration: Living Room
I saw an episode of Home by Novogratz ages ago where they featured a Brooklyn apartment they designed for a young couple. I have been obsessed (with everything they do, but particularly this space) ever since. I love the idea of a statement wall with a stenciled phrase and I think I'm going to have to try it on our TV wall. It looks awesome, and even better if the phrase has a special meaning.
Design Inspiration: Living Room
My favorite color is green so I'm drawn to the idea of painting furniture a bright shade similar to the one pictured below. I think it will end up being my desk that I paint, but I haven't decided. Another thing that is becoming increasingly more important to me is to find a way to hide our TV. It drives me crazy. I like how the following TVs are hidden by either gallery walls or shelves, and I think I'm going to go even bolder and paint the wall black. I love bright walls, but black TV walls look great in other homes and I want to try too! I hope that since the rest of the room will be bright white that it won't seem too dark. Luckily we can always paint over it if we have to! Design Inspiration: Living RoomDesign Inspiration: Living RoomDesign Inspiration: Living Room
Photo credits:  1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 67
xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment